The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), Institute of Business Management, aims to be one of the leading centres providing skills, confidence and values to its students thereby enabling them to become successful professionals through an effective and innovative setup of Quality Enhancement Mechanism.
The mission of QEC is to create a learning environment where faculty and students are motivated to make learning an ongoing lifelong process. It also prepares students of IoBM to excel academically as well as in management skills, leading-edge research, development of innovative ideas, leadership skills and implementation of quality benchmark through proformas, adoption of updated curriculum and management skills.
- QEC is headed by a Director reporting to the Rector.
- The purpose of QEC is to implement the guidelines provided by the HEC.
- QEC is responsible for developing policies and procedures by utilizing the services in assessment of institutional performance evaluation on regular basis.
- QEC is responsible for setting up Standard Application and Products (SAP) university alliance linkages with an Australian University and it is among the few institutions in the world which is providing SAP training to its students in the area of Supply Chain, Human Capital Management, Finance and Accounting, etc.
- QEC monitors plagiarism policy provided by HEC and serves as a focal point for the implementation of HEC quality criteria. All research papers and assignments are checked by software on plagiarism and reported to HEC on regular basis.
- IoBM, in coordination with QEC, was able to get accreditation by NBEAC for its BBA and MBA programs, accreditation by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) for its BS-Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering programs, accreditation by (NCEAC) for its BS Computer Science.
- QEC is also conducting workshops in areas of quality and preparation of Self Assessment Reports
- QEC is also responsible for faculty monitoring and evaluation and feedback's from students and employers. Quality Assurance of Masters, MPhil and PhD degree programs.
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) of the Institute of Business Management (IoBM) organized a session on “Improving Program Quality by Embedding Technology and Developing Procedures in Education” on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the... Read More
Session on Educational Management Systems Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head of Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) invited as a guest speaker session on Educational Management Systems by Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology... Read More
A workshop on “Putting Bloom’s Taxonomy to Work” Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head of Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), Mr. Atif Shahab Butt, Assistant Manager QEC and Faculty members attended a workshop on “Putting... Read More
Mr. Atif Shahab, Assistant Manager-QEC and Mr. Moin Akhtar, Data Analyst-QEC attended a workshop on "Factors Influencing Quality Culture at Postgraduate level" organized by Dow University of Health Sciences on Thursday, March 21, 2019 at Abdul Qadeer Khan... Read More
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) of the Institute of Business Management (IoBM) organized an interactive session with video conferencing for HEC recognized universities on “Designing Quality in Business Management Programs” and “Embedding Future... Read More
Moin Akhtar, Data Analyst and Mr. Bilal, Assistant Officer QEC attended a session on “Significance of Feedback of the Stakeholders focusing on Employers and Alumni” organized by Indus University on July 13, 2018.... Read More
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) of Institute of Business Management (IoBM) organized a session on “How to make Institutional Performance Evaluation (IPE) more effective” on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at IoBM, Korangi Creek, Karachi. Ms. Ambreen Asif Qureshi, Director... Read More
Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head Quality Enhancement Cell attended a workshop on ” Criticality & Risk Assessment-Effective Asset Management Strategies” organized by Entrepreneurship & Management Excellence Center (EMEC), IoBM on June 26, 2018. Read More